Final Manuscript Submission Instructions
If your paper was Accepted with Revisions, please go to this page for instructions.
Please follow the steps below to submit your final manuscript for publication in the FIE 2020 proceedings.
1. Register Online
At least one author MUST register at the full rate for your paper to be included in the proceedings. Student fees do not ensure publication of a paper – no exceptions. Please visit Registration page for more information.
NO PAPER WILL BE PUBLISHED IN THE PROCEEDINGS WITHOUT THE AUTHOR’S COMPLETED REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT.
*PUBLICATION POLICY: FIE expects paper authors or a designated alternate to register and present their paper at the conference. Papers not presented at the conference will normally be removed from the conference record including all online proceedings databases.
2. Carefully consider and address Peer Reviewer and Technical Program Chair (TPC) suggestions.
If your paper required revisions, please go to this page for instructions.
3. Prepare the final version of the manuscript using the paper templates linked below.
Please remove all template instruction text from your conference paper prior to submission to the conference. Failure to remove template text from your paper may result in your paper not being published.
- The final version of a Full Paper CANNOT EXCEED 8 PAGES, with 1 additional page of references, NO EXCEPTIONS.
- The final version of a WIP (Work in Progress) paper CANNOT EXCEED 4 pages, with 1 additional page of references. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please do not include ‘WIP’ or ‘Work in Progress’ in the title of your final manuscript. It is no longer a requirement for FIE.
The first sentence of your abstract should carefully indicate what type of paper you are contributing to FIE (Full Paper, Work in Progress, Special Session or Panel). In addition, if you are submitting a Full Paper or Work in Progress paper, you should also indicate the category (Innovate Practice, Research-to- Practice or Research) in the first sentence of your abstract. For example: “This Research to Practice Full Paper presents…..”
4. Make the final camera-ready manuscript, include all final author names and affiliations.
Now that your paper has been accepted, be sure to review your final document and include all the correct author names, citations, references, and affiliations. The following checklist may be useful.
- Search through the document and remove third person references to your own work e.g. include phrases like “as we have shown before” and replace citations (and affiliated references) such as [Anonymous, 2007]” .
- Make sure figures include necessary affiliation related identifiers
- Update all citations such as ‘[Anonymous, 2007]’ with the correct information.
- Update all references: ‘[Anonymous 2007] Details omitted for double-blind reviewing.’ with the correct information.
- Include relevant references to funding sources
- Include acknowledgments
5. An electronic version of the manuscript must be generated for the conference proceedings.
Before generating the electronic version of the manuscript, authors should ensure that the manuscript is formatted as specified in the paper template. The final paper should not contain headers, footers or page numbers. Regardless of its initial format, the file containing the final version of the paper must be transformed in the PDF format using the IEEE PDF express web tool. PDF files generated by means of other tools are not acceptable.
To generate the IEEE Xplore compatible PDF file of your final manuscript, follow the steps used when generating the pdf of your previous review manuscript:
To generate the IEEE Xplore compatible PDF file of your paper, follow these steps:
- Create your IEEE PDF eXpress account by going to: http://www.pdf-express.organd using Conference ID: coming soon
The first time you access the system, please follow the link for New Users.
- Upload the source file (containing your review manuscript) for conversion, once you are registered as a user.
- Receive by e-mail the IEEE Xplore-compatible PDF of your paper after you have uploaded your source file. This IEEE Xplore-compatible PDF file is ready for upload to the abstract system.
6. Upload the electronic version of the final camera-ready manuscript and submit the copyright form by June 29, 2020
IMPORTANT COPYRIGHT NOTICE FOR WEB AND INTERNET POSTING
If authors would like to post their papers electronically on any website, any ftp site, or any other electronic dissemination technique, they must include the IEEE Copyright notice on the initial screen displaying the IEEE-copyrighted material.
Questions? Contact the FIE 2020 Publications Administrator: firstname.lastname@example.org
750 07 Uppsala, Sweden
Phone + 46 (0) 18 67 10 03