New Faculty Fellows
The IEEE FIE New Faculty Fellows program provides up to four $1000 grants to assist the recipients in traveling to the conference. The $1000 grant is awarded after the conference only to fellows who:
- attend the entire conference
- participate in all activities organized for the New Faculty Fellows
- present their paper in a conference session
- produce a poster about their career, teaching, and research interests for display during the “Focus on New FIE Faculty Fellows” session
To indicate your interest in this fellowship, please check the box in the FIE submission web page when submitting your abstract. However, for individuals to be considered as potential candidates, they must also submit a Work-in-Progress or Full Paper and meet the eligibility criteria. Upon full verification of eligibility, candidates will be emailed directly and asked to submit an application for the award (a profile picture, a recent curriculum vitae, a 300-word statement of interest, a written statement agreeing to the requirements for participation, and a letter of support from your department head or chair).
Interested individuals must select the NFF travel award option on the abstract submission platform during the inital abstract FIE submission deadline. Upon your abstract being accepted, and if you had selected to be considered for the NFF travel award, plan to follow the FIE submission date for your Preliminary Paper submission deadline to also submit the travel award materials. Application materials must be sent in an email to the NFF co-chairs. Please include your abstract ID on the email subject header.
If you have any questions about the FIE New Faculty Fellows Grant, please contact Drs. Idalis Villanueva email@example.com and/or Kimberly Cook-Chennault firstname.lastname@example.org. For a list of past award winners, click here.
Authors who have indicated interest in the grant, have submitted a Work-In-Progress or Full paper, and are:
- Tenure or non-tenure track junior faculty in engineering or computer science with no more than two years of employment in an academic institution of higher education, at the time of the abstract submission
- Doctoral candidates defending dissertations during the 2019-2020 academic year
- For international tenure or tenure-track faculty who do not follow United States models of tenure in higher education, please clarify in one of the application materials, the model that your institution follows
- Preference will be given to eligible authors who have not published in engineering education research or participated in an IEEE FIE conference in the past
History of IEEE FIE New Faculty Fellows Program
From 2005 – 2010, the IEEE FIE New Faculty Fellows program was sponsored by the Center for the Advancement of Scholarship on Engineering Education (CASEE) of the National Academy of Engineering (NAE). Prior to that, sponsors were the Microsoft Corporation, the Verizon Corporation, the Lemelson New Education Assistance Program, the National Science Foundation, and the Sloan Foundation. Since 2011, the FIE New Faculty Fellows grant was made possible by the Educational Research and Methods Division (ERM) of the American Society for Engineering Education.
Peer Review Final Acceptance Communication:
June 29, 2020
Final Camera-Ready Paper Submission & Copyright Deadline:
July 13, 2020
Early Conference Registration Deadline:
September 20, 2020
Deadline to upload E-posters:
September 30, 2020