Special Session Guidelines
Paper submission for Accepted with Revisions papers has an expected deadline of June 1, 2020
Final camera-ready papers of Accepted papers will open in June with a deadline of July 13, 2020
Special Session proposals (approximately 800 to 1000 words in total) must include each of the following elements:
- goal(s) of the session, including a description of the anticipated audience (community), and why they would be interested in the session (approximately 100-200 words).
- a justification of why the proposed session is novel and/or thought provoking (approximately 100 words).
- an explanation of the interaction expected during the session (approximately 100 words).
- a description of special session including the topics/subjects/content of the session (approximately 200-300 words) a session agenda including details and approximate time allotted for each activity, expected outcomes or future work as a result of this session (approximately 100 words).
- All organizers and presenters in panels and special sessions are expected to register for and participate in the full conference.
The initially submitted proposal for a special session will be reviewed to determine if it is an appropriate fit for the FIE conference. If the proposal passes the first review, it will undergo a more thorough, second round of peer review. For the second round of peer review, the initially submitted proposal should be revised to be a draft conforms to the required IEEE format for the conference.
Additionally, because special sessions are partly evaluated based on the expertise of the facilitators, special session submissions should be prepared for single-blind review (i.e., the authors and affiliations should be identified).
Peer Review Final Acceptance Communication:
June 29, 2020
Final Camera-Ready Paper Submission & Copyright Deadline:
July 13, 2020
Early Conference Registration Deadline:
September 20, 2020
Deadline to upload E-posters:
September 30, 2020