Manuscript Submission Instructions
1. Prepare the manuscript using the paper templates linked below.
REMEMBER: the final version of a full paper CANNOT EXCEED 8 PAGES, with an additional 1 page of acknowledgments and references, and the final version of a WIP CANNOT EXCEED 4 pages, with an additional 1 page of acknowledgments and references. NO EXCEPTION IS ALLOWED.
2. Prepare the manuscript for double blind review
The FIE 2020 peer review process will be double blind. Peer reviewers will not see author identities, and authors will not see the identities of the reviewers. Author names and institutions should be NOT be included in the review manuscript. However, each author should be included in the initial and separate abstract submission, with the appropriate affiliation.
Due to the double-blind review process, please make sure that any documents submitted for review do not contain ANY personally identifiable information (i.e., name, affiliation, email address, phone numbers, ASEE or IEEE member number, etc.), as the tracking will be done anonymously. ONLY the final, formatted Final Manuscript should contain personal information, not the draft submission.
Tips for double-blind compliant manuscripts:
- Remove any identifying information, including author names, from file names and ensure document properties are also anonymized.
- Use the third person to refer to work the Authors have previously undertaken, e.g. replace any phrases like “as we have shown before” with “… has been shown before [Anonymous, 2007]” .
- Make sure figures do not contain any affiliation related identifier
- Do not eliminate essential self-references or other references but limit self-references only to papers that are relevant for those reviewing the submitted paper.
- Cite papers published by the Author in the text as follows: ‘[Anonymous, 2007]’.
- For blinding in the reference list: ‘[Anonymous 2007] Details omitted for double-blind reviewing.’
- Remove references to funding sources
- Do not include acknowledgments
3. Upload the review manuscript for review
Log in to the abstract system and upload your double-blinded review paper.