WIP Presentation Instructions
5-Minute Postcard Sessions for “Work-In-Progress” (WIP) Papers
Continuing with the new FIE tradition format for WIP papers, authors will be able to take advantage of the format to gather feedback and ideas for their current projects. The session will have two (2) distinct components outlined below:
PART 1: 5-minute “Postcard” Presentations by Presenters
Presenters will have 5 minutes total to introduce themselves and overview their work. This will be done only through a pre-recorded video. WIPs will not be permitted to present live. During this 5-minute video presentation, there are no questions or answers (Q&As). All Q&A will be during the Q&A and Discussion time.
PART 2: Live Q&A and Discussion
Moderators will lead the live Q&A session and an open dialog. Sessions will be managed by moderators and will work to keep the session moving forward on time. Please cooperate with them. WIP Moderator instructions can be found here.
Please upload a video according to the following instructions:
Please upload a 5 minute (or less) video recording of your presentation. This video will be played during PART 1 of the session and will also be made available to conference attendees who could not make it to your session. Live sessions will not be recorded.
- Please record your presentation and upload a video file (edited and complete) to the Dropbox-account you will be invited to in a separate e-mail by Oct. 9 at the latest.
- It is important that you name your file in the same way it is presented in the program.
- If you want to include Powerpoint-slides or similar in the video, make sure that’s either embedded or present them on a screen standing next to it.
- A recorded Zoom-call with your laptop camera and presentation through the share screen-function works as well. For instructions on how to do this click here.
- The video should be recorded in landscape-format (16:9) and rendered in .mp4 or .mov in 720p resolution with 4000 kbps.
- If available, use an external microphone and make sure that there’s no bright lights from windows or lights behind you. If possible, face lights from behind the camera towards you.
ANY PAPER NOT PRESENTED AT THE CONFERENCE WILL NOT BE INCLUDED IN THE OFFICIAL PROCEEDINGS POSTED TO IEEE XPLORE.
For a paper to be considered presented, the video must be shown along with an author being present to answer the live questions following the presentation.